The New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission has released a staggeringly detailed historical dataset covering over 1.1 billion individual taxi trips in the city from January 2009 through June 2015. …
Source: Analyzing 1.1 Billion NYC Taxi and Uber Trips, with a Vengeance
The big images look amazing. Worthy of getting hanged up on a wall.
I actually drove a cab for two years and I think I know what the problem might be.
Comment posted in the thread What company has forever lost your business? Why? and includes a nice list of companies that do not deserve your business:
- Nestle – Exploitative business practices across the world – including child labor.
- Walmart – The douchebags of Corporate America.
- Ticketmaster – Practically monopolized ticket sales in the US.
- AT&T – Bad service along with bad customer service.
- Avis – Bad service along with bad customer service.
- Time Warner – Bad service along with bad customer service.
- Entertainment Arts – General assholery in the gaming industry.
- Urban Outfitters – Support of homophobic organizations and media plagiarism.
- Papa Johns – Actively dodging Obamacare.
- BP – Business practices which led to the Deepwater Horizon spill haven’t changed.
- American Airlines – Bad service along with bad customer service.
Las que se fueron.
Rebloguea si tuviste vaporosa(s) sesion(es) romantica(s) en la parte de atras.